PODROOM GALLERY_OPEN CALL_2024/25
The Cultural Center of Belgrade invites you to send proposals for individual, group and curatorial exhibitions that will be realized in the Podroom gallery during the 2024/5 exhibition season.
The competition is open until June 1st, 2023.
Gallery Podroom was founded in 2012 and is located in the basement of the Cultural Center of Belgrade. The exhibition program is based on projects, exhibitions and programs that are the result of international and regional cooperation, the focus of which is contemporary research in the field of art film, video, video/multimedia installation, and animation with an emphasis on critical considerations of the contemporary context.
Experimental approaches to moving images will be given priority.
WHO CAN APPLY?
• The competition is open to individuals, groups and institutions
• The competition is of an international nature, so both citizens of the Republic of Serbia and foreign nationals can apply
• Applications are sent in ENGLISH ONLY or in ENGLISH AND SERBIAN (i.e. in one of the languages of the countries of the former Yugoslavia)
• There is a possibility that individual proposals or authors may be invited to send additional material related to their application and/or to consider the possibility of participating in a group exhibition/project
• A brief description of the exhibition/exhibition project – a text (maximum length of one page/about 1,800 characters) in which the idea of the exhibition is clearly explained
• Visual documentation includes instructions for viewing video material or/and a maximum of 10 photos (fragments of video material, sketches, drawings, etc. that illustrate the exhibition/work[s]). Send photos in JPEG format, in a PDF document or as a zipped file (max. 8MB)
• Short biography(s) of the author(s) and/or participant(s).
Applications should be sent exclusively by e-mail to the address firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “PODROOM 2024”
Note: It is not necessary to send catalogs, portfolios, dvds, brochures or other similar documentation.
Technical information about the exhibition space and services provided by the Gallery:
• 200 m² of exhibition space (gallery plan and photos)
• Technical equipment and installation team
• PR and graphic designer services
• Creating a digital edition of the catalog
• Institutional support in providing additional financial resources for implementation
• Other expenses covered by the gallery: artist’s fee; fee for the curator/author of the text; translation and proofreading of texts (from Serbian to English and/or from English to Serbian); photography of the exhibition; printing of legends and other didactic materials; local transport of works of art (in Serbia), postal costs for works of art outside of Serbia (according to possibilities)
• All possible production and post-production costs, travel and accommodation costs, as well as group exhibition budgets will be defined after the selection of applications is completed.
We kindly ask you to carefully read the conditions of the competition before sending applications. Applications that are incomplete and/or that arrive after the specified deadline will not be considered.
At the end of the Open Call, all applicants will be notified by email about the successfully received competition material.
The selection of exhibitions/exhibition projects will be decided by a Council made up of art historians, curators, art critics and invited artists.
We look forward to all applications and thank you in advance for your interest.
The final list of selected proposals will be published on the website of the Cultural Center of Belgrade www.kcb.org.rs by the end of July 2023.